Honors and Awards
Click For | Updated CV Dated July 20, 2020 |
Dr. Sandrine Mubenga, PE
- 2018 Engineer of the Year Award by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers(IEEE) – Toledo Section, Toledo, Ohio, USA- November 15, 2018
- 2018 IEEE Certificate of Appreciation in grateful recognition of 10 years of service as an IEEE member, Toledo, Ohio, USA- November 15, 2018.
- 2018-2019 Co-op Hall of Fame by the World Association of Cooperative Education-September 22, 2018 https://www.waceinc.org/coophof/hall2019/pg5.html
- Featured as “2018 Women Killin’it in Sustainability” , Natalie Colarossi, The University Network https://www.tun.com/blog/women-killin-it-sustainability-research/
- 2018 First Place Best Poster Award at the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer National Aerospace and Electronics Conference ( IEEE NAECON2018), Dayton, OH, USA- July 2018 http://sites.ieee.org/naecon-2018/grand-challenge/
- 2018 Design News 10 of the Most Important Balck Female Engineers , USA –March 5, 2018 https://www.designnews.com/electronics-test/10-most-important-black-woman-engineers
- 2017 Continental Award for Manufacturing and Engineering Sector – Africa Most Influential Women in Business by CEO Magazine based in South Africa- November 2017
- 2017 Regional Award Award for Manufacturing and Engineering Sector – Africa Most Influential Women in Business by CEO Magazine based in South Africa- October 2017 https://issuu.com/ceoglobal/docs/miw_20regional_20digital_20magazine
- 2017 Country Award for Manufacturing and Engineering Sector – Africa Most Influential Women in Business by CEO Magazine based in South Africa- October 2017
- Appointed by the President of the Democratic Republic of Congo as a Member of the Board of Directors at the Societe Nationale d’Electricite (SNEL), the national electric utility company-July 2017
- Nominee for the 2017 Clean Energy Education & Empowerment Award by C3E initiative a program from the USA Department of Energy in collaboration with MIT Energy Initiative and Stanford Precourt Institute for Energy, USA – March 2017
- Nominee for the 2016 Most Influential African Women in Business and Government by CEO Mag based in South Africa- December 2016.
- 2016 ICorps@Ohio, Team 20-Battery Management University of Toledo, served as Entrepreneurial Mentor and Entrepreunarial Lead. Helped earn $15,000 research grant.- July 2016
- Named one of 40 under 40 by Optimum magazine for fuel cell vehicle research and for founding SMIN Power Group a renewable energy business in DRC-2014 Kinshasa, D.R.Congo
- 1.2016 Leja Bulela Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Presentation –July 2013 Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- 2012 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Certificate of Appreciation for Notable Services and Contributions-June 2012
- 2010 IEEE Toledo Section Young Engineer of the Year- November 18,2010
- 2009 Congolese Hero Award-2009 by the Congolese Development Center of Massachusetts in grateful recognition of outstanding community contribution.
- 2009 Nkoyi Merit Award- 2009 by the Congolese Community of the Greater Washington DC Metro Area in recognition of outstanding professional achievements in Electrical Engineering
- University of Toledo, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Dept. Most Outstanding Thesis Award- November 2008
- University of Toledo International Student of the Month
- Inducted in the Golden Key International Honour Society – Fall 2003 Per invitation only, for seniors and juniors in the top 15% of their class.
- Dean’s List – Fall 2000,Fall 2001,Spring 2002, Spring 2003, Fall 2003,Spring 2005, Fall 2005
- General Electric Co-op Recognition Award for Outstanding Service – Fall 2002, Summer 2003, Spring 2004
- International Students Association’s Certificate of Achievement- Fall 2001, Spring 2002
- National Society of Black Engineers ‘ Torchbearer Certificate of Achievement- Spring 2002
- First Place of the UT American Language Institute (A.L.I) ‘ Poetry and Essay Contests- Spring 2000