Selected Publications, Presentations, and Interviews.
Click For | Updated CV Dated July 20, 2020 |
Dr. Sandrine Mubenga, PE
- Ngalula Mubenga, “A Renewable Energy System for Fuel Cell Vehicles”, Master Thesis, University of Toledo, Ohio, 12/2008.
- Ngalula Mubenga, “A Battery Management System for Large Li-ion Batteries with Bilevel Equalization”, Dissertation, University of Toledo, 12/2017.
- Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga and Thomas Stuart ,“A Case Study on the Hybridization of an Electric Vehicle and the Development of a Solar Powered Hydrogen Generating Station”, 2011 IEEE Power Engineering Society General Meeting, Paper#2011GM0558, Detroit, Michigan USA, 07/25/ 2011 http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6039198/
- Ngalula Mubenga, “Grid Connected solar photovoltaics in Island States: Challenges, Opportunities and Waste Management”, Paper#381, IEEE International Conference on Renewable Energy Research and Applications Conference, Palermo, Italy, 11/25/2015. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=7418625&filter=AND(p_Publication_Number:7405753)
- Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, Zachary Linkous, and Thomas Stuart, “A Bilevel Equalizer for Large Lithium Ion Batteries”, Batteries, vol.3, no.4, article no. 39, published by MDPI AG, Basel, Switzerland, Dec.7, 2017 http://www.mdpi.com/2313-0105/3/4/39
- Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga and Thomas Stuart, “A Low Cost Hybrid Equalizer for Lithium Ion BESS “, 2018 IEEE Clemson University Power Systems Conference (IEEE PSC18), Clemson, SC, Sep. 5, 2018.
- Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga and Thomas Stuart, “A Bilevel Equalizer for Lithium Ion Batteries”, IEEE 2018 National Aerospace and Electronics Conference (NAECON 2018), Dayton, OH, USA, October 2018.
- Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, Kripa Sharma, Thomas Stuart “A Bilevel Equalizer to Boost the Capacity of Second Life Li Ion Batteries” Batteries, August 1,2019, https://www.mdpi.com/2313-0105/5/3/55
Selected Publications, Presentations, and Interviews
- “Series and Parallel Hybridization of Electric Vehicles by Means of Fuel Cell Integration and Development of Hydrogen Generating Station Powered by a Photovoltaic Array”, Mustapha Barakat, Ngalula Mubenga and Thomas Stuart, poster presented at 2008 Ohio Fuel Cell Coalition Symposium, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, 5/2008.
- “Utility Vehicles for the Hydrogen Economy”, Thomas Stuart and Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, Final Report to Ohio Department of Development, Toledo Ohio USA, 7/2010.
- Presented a seminar on relay protection SEL PROT400 to approximately 10 attendees consisting of Managers and peer Electrical Engineers, Toledo Ohio USA, 2011
- Presented a brown bag lunch on “A Case Study on the Hybridization of an Electric Vehicle and the Development of a Solar Powered Hydrogen Generating Station” to approximately 6 peer Electrical Engineers, Toledo, Ohio, USA, 2011
- Guest speaker at the SSOE Women Leadership Roundtable, approximately 12 attendees senior level and higher, Toledo, Ohio, USA, 2012
- “Overview of Renewable Energy Projects” Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, presentation at the Leja Bulela 20th Anniversary Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 7/2013
- Special guest on the TV show “Un Homme, Un Concept” hosted by Elysée Odia on CongowebTV, Kinshasa D.R.Congo, 7/26/2013
- Special guest on the TV show “Jeunesse et Emploi” hosted by Okono on RTNC2, Kinshasa, D.R.Congo, 7/26/2013
- Special guest on the TV show “ Expertise Scientifique” hosted by Symon Lelo on RTNC2, Kinshasa, D.R.Congo, 7/29/2013
- Guest appearance on the TV show “ Bluntely” hosted by on RTNC2, Kinshasa, D.R.Congo, 7/27/2013
- “UT Students and City of Westerville Promoting Clean Technology” by Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, PE, MSEE, University of Toledo Sustainability Energy Efficiency and Design (SEED) Initiative blog, http://journals.utoledo.edu/seed/2013/11/25/ut-students-and-city-of-westerville-promoting-cleantechnology/ 11/25/2013
- “Building Automation Team Saved UT 1.4Million Dollars in FY14” by Ngalula Sandrine Mubenga, PE,MSEE, University of Toledo SEED Initiative blog, http://journals.utoledo.edu/seed/2014/10/20/building-automation-team-saved-ut-1-4million-in-fy14/ 8/10/214
- “New Energy Dashboard Showing Real Time Energy Use!” by Ngalula Mubenga, PE, MSEE, University of Toledo, SEED Initiative blog, 4/21/2015 http://journals.utoledo.edu/seed/2015/06/01/new-energy-dashboard-showing-ut-real-time-energy-use/
- Guest appearance on France24 TV News, France, segment during COP21, commented on decision to allocate $2 billion dollars for Africa transition towards green energy future, 12/2/2015 http://www.sminpowergroup.com/resources/media/
- Invited as a Panel speaker at the European Parliament for two events during Africa Week Conference. Will speak during “Africa in the heart of a globalized world” and “Women Empowerment Forum” web-streamed events, Brussels, Belgium, 4/4 –4/11/2016.
- Keynote speaker at the Midwest Renewable Energy Association “ 27th Energy Fair”, Wisconsin, USA, 6/19/2016 https://www.theenergyfair.org/past-keynote-speakers/
- Forbes Afrique Interview “Sandrine Mubenga, la spécialiste en Génie Electrique” by Patrick Ndungindi, 8/18/2016 https://forbesafrique.com/sandrine-mubenga-la-specialiste-en-genie-electrique/
- Keynote Speaker at “ 2nd Makutano Sultani Business Meeting”, Kinshasa, DRC, 9/18/2016
- Interview with Kin Event TV channel, Dem. Rep. of the Congo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=104FH6OnHWc
- Interview with Makutano, Dem. Rep.of the Congo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z74g6P2VWjM
- Interview by CNBC Africa, Dem. Rep.of the Congo “ SMIN Power Group Boss speaks of firms DRC Business amid political uncertainty” 10/6/2016 http://www.cnbcafrica.com/video/?bctid=5159305131001
- Presenter at the ICorps@Ohio Showcase, Columbus, Ohio, USA October 21, 2016. https://youtu.be/lcQ9fSIKRwc https://icorpsohio.org/events/
- Speaker at Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Toledo Section Dinner and Presentation, presented “Grid Connected Solar Photovoltaic”, Rossford, Ohio, USA 11/3/2016 http://ewh.ieee.org/r4/toledo/
- Interview by Economico.cd, Dem. Rep.of the Congo “Le Ghana Reflechit a Electrifier l’Afrique”, February 9, 2017 http://www.economico.cd/2017/02/09/power-africa-2017-ghana-reflechit-a-electrifier-lafrique/
- Interview by Economico.cd, Dem. Rep.of the Congo “Sandrine Mubenga Lufungulo: Et si on Electrifiait l’Afrique?”, May 26,2017 http://www.economico.cd/2017/05/26/sandrine-mubenga-electrifier-afrique/
- ”Lowering the Cost of Energy Storage for E/HV and Grid Applications Using the Bilevel Equalizer for Large Li-ion Batteries.” Invited Presentation at The Advanced Design & Manufacturing Expo, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. March 7, 2018. http://schedule.admcleveland.com/speaker/mubenga-phd-pe-dr-ngalula-sadrine/49072
- Interview by Design News, USA: “New Battery Management Technology Could Boost Range and Longevity of Big Packs “, Charles Murray, February 20, 2018 https://www.designnews.com/electronics-test/new-battery-management-technology-could-boost-range-longevity-big-packs/111735579058280
- Interview by UTNews, USA: “UT Engineer Creates Solution to Cheaper Longer Lasting Battery Packs”, Christine Billau , March 6th, 2018. http://utnews.utoledo.edu/index.php/03_06_2018/ut-engineer-creates-solution-to-cheaper-longer-lasting-battery-packs
- Interview by WTOL TV channel, USA: “ UT Professor brush with Death Inspires Energy Storage Invention”, Victoria Idoni, March 9, 2018 http://www.wtol.com/story/37691956/ut-professors-brush-with-death-inspires-energy-storage-invention
- Interview by the Toledo Blade, USA : “University of Toledo engineer finds power from near death experience”, Jay Skebba, March 10, 2018 Article and video available online at http://www.toledoblade.com/Technology/2018/03/10/University-of-Toledo-engineer-finds-power-from-near-death-experience-literally.html
- Interview by Agence d’Information d’Afrique Central , Congo Brazza “ Energie Electrique: Sandrine Mubenga invente une nouvelle technologie revolutionnaire » Patrick Ndungini, March 13, 2018 http://www.adiac-congo.com/content/energie-electrique-sandrine-mubenga-invente-une-nouvelle-technologie-revolutionnaire-80588
- Interview by 13 ABC TV Channel, USA “ Near Death Experience Leads UT researcher to her Life’s Work”, Lissa Guyton, March 15, 2018 http://www.13abc.com/content/news/UT-professor–477013543.html
- Interview from The University Network’s, USA: « Near Death Experience Inspires Hybrid Technology for Cheaper Longer Lasting Batteries”, Jack Schroeder March 17, 2018 https://www.tun.com/blog/hybrid-technology-for-cheaper-longer-lasting-batteries/
- Interview by NBC24 TV Channel, USA: “UT Researchers Develop New energy Storage Solutions “ Karaline Cohen, March 27, 2018 http://nbc24.com/news/local/ut-researchers-develop-new-energy-storage-solution
- Interview by Africanshapers “USA Sandrine Mubenga laureate du prix ingenieur de l’annee » Patrick Ndungini, November 20, 2018 https://africanshapers.com/usa-sandrine-ngalula-mubenga-laureate-du-prix-de-lingenieur-de-lannee/
- News Release by University of Toledo, “UTOLEDO ELECTRICAL ENGINEER LEADING CHARGE TO BUILD VENTILATORS IN THE CONGO”, Christine Billau, May 14, 2020 http://media.utoledo.edu/2020/05/14/utoledo-electrical-engineer-leading-charge-to-build-ventilators-in-the-congo/
- Interview by The Next Einstein Forum, “Is Africa ready to take advantage of the energy transition to come? Dr. Sandrine Mubenga gives her point of view”, June 30, 2020 https://nef.org/lafrique-est-elle-prete-a-tirer-profit-de-la-transition-energetique-dans-un-contexte-de-4ir/
Fig 1:N. Sandrine Mubenga in front of the 4.2 MW solar field she designed for the City of Napoleon, Ohio.